I went out on my Nonno's boat on the Intracoastal waterway. This is a large canal/river that runs parrallel to the ocean so boats can travel from Florida up the east coat. Here I am on the "Blue Streak."
Fort Lauderdale is known as the "Venice of America" because it has many canals and boats. Many people have houses on the water with a boat parked right out back at a dock!
The intracoastal is so deep cruise ships can come into the port of Fort Lauderdale.
Here is a photo from the air to get an idea.
The bridges go up when large boats like this need to go through:
Facts about Fort Lauderdale:
The population is 183,606. There are over 42,000 yachts in Fort Lauderdale!
It is located in southern Florida on the coast, 23 miles north of Miami.
Do you know any facts about Fort Lauderdale?
Have you been there and if so what was your favorite part?
Do you know how Fort Lauderdale got its name?

Hey Ben!
ReplyDeleteI wish you were here in Fort Lauderdale now, Next time I will try to be in town to see you. I hope to see you soon.
Uncle Rick.
Dear Ben,
ReplyDeleteMy family has never been to Fort Lauderdale, but we used to go to Florida every year. Fort Lauderdale looks fun, but I do not know any facts about it.
My grandparents used to live in Oxnard, but now they do not. When they did live in Oxnard, they drove my sister and I in their boat. Have you ever been to Oxnard?
From,
Jaden
Dear Ben,
ReplyDeleteI really love your idea of stops along the way! It's a clever theme for a blog. Plus, your family travels a lot!
I have never been to Fort Lauderdale, but after seeing your pictures, I'd really like to go. I especially like that photo from the air. You can really see all the canals.
Where were you and Nonno going on the boat? Did you do some cruising in the canals?
Your proud teacher,
Mrs. Y♥llis
Dear Jaden,
ReplyDeleteI have been to Oxnard, but never on a boat. Did you go in the Ocean and see any whales? I would like to go out and do whale watching on a boat sometime.
@ Mrs. Yollis,
Thank you for visiting my blog. It was raining that day so we didn't go on the ocean. We stayed in the Intracoastal and went by the big cruise ships and then the big houses on the canals. You can even stop the boat at a restaurant to eat. I hope to go back soon.
@ Uncle Ricky,
Thanks for commenting. I hope to see you on my next trip to Florida.
From,
Ben
Dear Ben,
ReplyDeleteNice job with the blog! It is awesome.
Keep up with the good work,
Philip
Dear Ben,
ReplyDeleteYour Blog is so cool! Traveling is one of the most fun things to do! Have a great school year!
Your Friend,
Emily :)
PS Say hi to Tanner for me!